Pages

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Birchbox November 2012

**I finally got my Birchbox after it was held captive at the post office for 5 days. Anyone experience the same problem?**

November 2012 Birchbox theme: Give.

This month’s Birchbox is suppose to “support The Art of Elysium, a non-profit that encourages actors, artists, designers, and musicians to dedicate their time and talent to children who are battling various medical conditions.” I looked over Birchbox’s website to see how they’re supporting this organization and I guess it’s only through the purchase of the favorite selected products for this month. Not sure what percentage of the purchases will go to the organization. By this month’s theme, I would have thought that the profit from this month’s subscription rate will all go to The Art of Elysium.


November contents are the following:


Atelier Cologne- Rose Anonyme Cologne Absolue
Spicy ginger and bergamot creates this sophisticated rose scent. This is not my type of scent so I think I’ll give it to someone else that wants it. Full Size Retails at $75-$195


Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Transformer- Vanish Instant Imperfection Corrector
This totally fooled me. I didn’t read the label thoroughly and instantly thought it was some type of skin whitener. It’s actually a primer! It vanishes skin imperfections through optical diffusers that cover imperfections. I am looking forward to using this. My sample size is 0.1 fl. oz. Full size is 1.0 fl. oz. and retails for $58


Oscar Blandi- Pronto Texture & Volume Spray
Spray this to your roots to get a voluminous look. Yay, another product I can’t wait to use. My sample size is 1 fl. oz. Full size is 4 fl. oz. and retails at $25


Stila- All Over Shimmer Liquid Luminizer
My favorite product in this box! I’m not a big fan of luminizer but I did try this one out on my brow bow and I like the effect it gives me. This is in the shade Bronze Shimmer. Current shade selections available are bronze shimmer, pink shimmer, rose gold shimmer, and kitten shimmer. My sample size is 0.05 fl. oz. Full size (0.5 fl. oz.) will cost you $20.


Chuao Chocolatier
This chocolate covered potato chip is the lifestyle extra in our box this month. I have yet to try it but judging from the feel of this packet, it’s a potato chip covered in a thick layer of chocolate. Actually, let me take that back: it’s a mini bar. A mini bar of potato chip covered with chocolate. A. Potato. CHIP. Chip as in 1 chip. Max: 2 bites. Through Birchbox, you get what they consider full size- 7 assorted individual packs, for $7.95. Otherwise you can get a 24 piece of the potato chips for 23.95 at http://chuaochocolatier.com


No comments:

Post a Comment